I joke but the truth is I slept thru the first two weeks of January. Literally. I was so sick with some horrible cold turned to nasty upper respiratory infection that I finally killed off minus a little lingering cough that I still have with 2 zpacks. 2! I've never had to take more than one.
My 29th birthday was on the 6th, I was sick so it was kind of a bummer of a birthday. Barely made it out of the house to go eat dinner with the hubs. I did get a surprise front porch delivery while I was cooped up on the couch from my sweet friend that made my day:) a super cute leopard scarf and some stemless wine glasses that I've really been wanting :) can't wait to enjoy a glass of vino post baby in my cool new glasses!
I was a pretty blessed girl this birthday. I got the diaper bag I wanted, prenatal massage, Ann Voskamp's book 1000 Gifts {which I've been really wanting to read} and some cash to spend how I choose!
The past few weeks I've really been able to feel sweet Cruz move! Here are a couple of bump pics from weeks 17 {birthday bump} and 19. We're a growin'!!
I did pick out and got the main fabric for his bedding ordered! Looking forward to mom making it and seeing the final product! His nursery colors are navy, apple green and white with grey walls! :) We picked out this cute green, navy and white argyle print!! I LOVE it:)
We did also go out and get a couple of baby boy things after we found out! I just couldn't resist!
A little polo onesie, button up and navy shoes:)
Then one day after work I went in a consignment store hoping that since it was in a really nice area of town that I would find a treasure! I did!! I found these baby Air Jordan's. He just has to grow into them. Best part...only $14!! Normally these go for $40-100 which I am NOT willing to pay for a shoe that might be worn a few times.
Hubs is a HUGE fan of basketball and loves his Jordan's so I knew he would be smitten with my find. Now they can match :)
My craving for donuts has been a obnoxiously a little out of the norm. I just can't help myself! It's really bad because we have the BEST donut shop around right. next. door. to work.
We are now officially 1/2 way through pregnancy!! 20 weeks and 4 days to be exact!
We had our official gender check/20 week appointment on Tuesday and the little guy is just perfect and right on track! I finally gained a little weight, so we got all A's on our report card. He weighs 11oz now!:) I have a feeling next month they are going to tell me to sloooow down on the eating.
Yesterday, I may or may not have had a toaster strudel, protein bar, small baggie of special k with red berries, left over spaghetti, huge bag of grapes, small baggie of doritos {for Cruz of course}, fruit snacks, V8 fusion, chicken alfredo, salad and breadsticks from Olive Garden {I even had the waiter bring me my 4th breadstick at the end, for Cruz again} and an Andes candy---The waiter brought 3! Joking around that one's for me, hubs and of course, the baby! His tip increased:)
Today is our 6 year anniversary!!! I can't believe it's been 6 years. So blessed to have this man in my life. My best friend, encourager, love, supporter, biggest fan and of course, my baby daddy!!
I love you more and more every. single. day! I'm so looking forward to this next chapter in our lives and watching you as a daddy. Love you babe!
Hope you all have had a happy new year and a wonderful January! I won't be gone for so long this time:)



No comments:
Post a Comment